|« Apple & Onion Beef Pot Roast||Blueberry Pancakes »|
Rhubarb is one of the most underrated fruits out there. My parents have a rhubarb plant growing in the back yard, so we always had plenty each year. This is quite possibly one of the tastiest pies imaginable.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 lb rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (approx. 3 cups frozen rhubarb)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 pastry shell (homemade is best, but you cheat and buy one)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Mix egg, sugar, flour, and vanilla. Stir in fruit. Pour into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine flour, sugar, and oats. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350ºF and bake for 35 more minutes.