|« Slow Cooker Pork Ribs||Pepper Popper Fingers »|
Want a side-dish that eats like a main course? Then look no further. This is quick to throw together and is hearty enough to fill you up.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp crush red pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup white rice, cooked
- 4 slices cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced, divided
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers. Clean out the insides. Dice up the usable pepper from the tops and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and green pepper. When cooked, drain excess fat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, spices, salsa, corn, and rice. Spoon into the peppers. Top with a couple slices of jalapeno.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes. Top with cheese and remaining jalapeno slices. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...