|« Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pie||Cheesy Artichoke Dip »|
Are you ready for spring to start? Well, show your excitement with these sunflower-themed cupcakes.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 15.25 oz. yellow cake mix, prepared according to directions
- Buttercream frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp heavy cream,divided
- Yellow food coloring. I used gel coloring, but you can use water-based if preferred.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Scoop by 1/4 cupfull into paper-lined cupcake pan. Bake according to package directions.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream frosting, beat the butter in a stand mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes with the paddle attachment. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until it's mixed in.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and 2 tbsp cream and beat on medium for 3 minutes. Add yellow food coloring to get desired color and mix well.
- Add extra powdered sugar or whipping cream to adjust consistency.
- Using an icing knife, spread a thin layer of frosting on each cupcake.
- Using a Wilton #32 tip, pipe a ring of petals around the outside. Separate the two halves of an Oreo cookie and place one half in the center of the cupcake. Pipe another ring of petals around the outside, covering the edge of the cookie.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...