|« Grasshopper Ice Cream Cake||Bacon-Wrapped Brats with Mac & Cheese »|
Sweet Potato Bake
Sweet potatoes are a staple of Thanksgiving dinner. I actually don't like sweet potatoes, but I'm told by everyone else that this turned out really well.
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 large sweet potatoes (or 4 huge sweet potatoes)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 400°F for 45-55 minutes until tender.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the innards into a bowl. Mix in the butter, pineapple, 1/4 cup cranberries, orange juice, and salt.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- If making ahead, you can cover and store in the refrigerator at this point.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Sprinkle with remaining cranberries, marshmallows, and pecans. Return to the over for 5-10 minutes until the marshmallows are melted.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...