|« Twisted Maple Nut Bread||Chocolate Pecan Pie »|
It's a weekend, it's winter, and it's cold outside. Make some stew with leftover turkey and stay inside for the day.
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 5 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large turnip, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Optional: leftover turkey gravy
- 1 lb turkey, already cooked and cut into pieces
- Chop the vegetables and place into a crock pot. Add the spices, stock, and leftover gravy. Cook on low for approximately 4 hours.
- Add the turkey. Cook on low for another 2 hours.
- Serve hot with homemade bread.